Thursday, January 29, 2015

Genealogy Goals for 2015

                                 


     We are already almost into February, so I thought I would share with all of you my genealogy goals for 2015. This is the first time I'm setting goals for ancestry and I am super excited. Hopefully I will look back in 2016 and see that I accomplished so much!

1. Read a book every month that involves history so I can expand my knowledge of different time periods.

2. Blog at least 4 times a week.

3. Start Thomas MacEntee's Genealogy Do-Over. When I was just starting out, I was one of those people who didn't really know how it all worked so I just started pulling information from other peoples trees on ancestry.com and never knew if the sources were correct. So, I want to start fresh and do it the right way, now that I have more knowledge on everything.

4. Do the AncestryDNA test. - it's on its way to my house right now!

5. Become an FGS Ambassador and hopefully prepare to go to the conferences in 2016.

6. Begin writing biographies for all my direct ancestors.

7. Identify Lennie Mitchell's parents and also Mary Terry's parents. - my paternal grandfathers side is really giving me trouble. Overall, get more information and break the brick wall of my grandfathers ancestral line.

8. Begin my YouTube videos on my genealogy research.

9. Organize all my genealogy paperwork and pictures.

10. Spend time with living relatives and interview.

11. Participate in the 52 Ancestors in 52 weeks Challenge. - I am running a month late but I will catch up.

12. Take genealogy trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment